Moist, fluffy and easy to prepare, it’s difficult to imagine that this vegan banana bread recipe is dairy free and prepared using whole-wheat flour! Perfect for breakfast or afternoon tea, it’s a delicious and healthy treat!
Vegan Dairy Free Banana Bread
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour sifted
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- sea salt
- ½ cup organic canola oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 4 large overripe bananas peeled and mashed
- ½ cup walnuts roughly chopped
- brown sugar to coat
- Large mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Wooden spoon
- 26 cm x 11cm loaf pan lightly greased
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees celsius.
- In a large mixing bowl add the whole-wheat flour, brown sugar, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Dig a well in the centre of the flour mixture and add the organic canola oil, apple cider vinegar, soy milk, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined, stir through the bananas.
- Pour the banana bread mixture into the greased loaf pan, sprinkle the walnuts and brown sugar on top. Bake in the oven for roughly 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean. Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool before transferring to a wire rack.